Property Lawyers, St Albans
Buying or selling your home is one of the most important decisions to make in your life. Get it wrong and you can face disastrous consequences.
Whether you are buying a freehold or taking a lease, it is essential you have the right support to meet your timetable and satisfy lender’s, planning and other regulatory requirements. You need to acquire a good and marketable title, not a liability for the future.
It is a false economy to choose your conveyancer on price alone. Most claims for professional negligence against solicitors are for conveyancing mistakes. At Labrums we use only qualified practitioners with many years experience dealing with all aspects of acquiring or selling property. We do not simply tick boxes but look after your needs and interests.
Expert Conveyancing Solicitors, guiding you at every stage
Selling a Property:
- We check everything is as it should be, prepare the contract and the information required by the buyer
- We work with you and your estate agent to ensure the transaction goes as smoothly as possible. Once everything is arranged, we exchange contracts on your behalf. Then you are legally committed to sell the property for the purchase price and vacate by the completion date
- After exchange we arrange completion, when the legal title in the property is transferred to the buyer, your mortgage repaid and the estate agent's commission paid
Buying a Property:
- Prior to preparation of the contract we check the property you want to buy, and make sure it is legally as it should be
- We work with you, your estate agent, surveyor and lender (“mortgagee”) to ensure the transaction goes as smoothly as possible. Once everything is arranged we exchange contracts on your behalf. Then you are legally entitled to purchase the property and committed to pay the purchase price
- After exchange we arrange completion, when the legal title in the property is transferred and you can take full legal possession
- After completion we ensure SDLT is paid on time and your ownership registered at the Land Registry
We can help with all your property needs including:
- Buying and selling freeholds and leaseholds
- Equity release
- Preparing licence and tenancy agreements
- Mortgages and re-mortgages
Contact our expert Solicitors, St AlbansCall uson 01727 858807 or contact us online to see how we can meet your legal needs and help you to buy or sell your home.